2012年9月27日 星期四

Online Dating - How it Has Worked Out Great For Me


Online dating is looking better everyday. You find yourself becoming lonely. You want that close intimate relationship with another person. You know that within the circle of friends that you have the possibilities just are not there. Can you really find love on the internet?

Eight years ago I found myself in just that situation. I was very lonely, just recently divorced, and looking for that close intimate relationship that seemed like it could never happen. I had looked around in my circle of friends and found that of the single women that i knew, I had absolutely no attraction to any of them. I knew other single men and they pretty much had the same problem. Where do you go to find a friend that you could build a relationship with?

Internet dating was not very popular eight years ago. The conservative community that I live in was not very supportive of the idea. So I forged my own path and learned many things the hard way. I used trial and error, mostly error. Paying for a service was not an option, I was out on the limb far enough. Free dating sites were the only way that I would do this. That limited my options to just a few sites at the time. The easiest free site for me was Yahoo personals. With some fear and trembling I signed up and posted my profile.

The response was immediate and I was blown away at the thought of all the possibilities. After a few dates with some women that proved to be not at all what I was interested in I became very discouraged with the whole process. Why did it seem that the person that I met in person was not at all like the person that I was chatting with on the internet? I took some time away to evaluate what I was doing wrong and then went to work to try again.

Starting out this time I made strict parameters about who I would even consider or talk to. I would be totally honest about myself and my family. I wanted to be friends first and then see if the love would follow. My spiritual values were the first thing that we had to share. Without that as a foundation there could be no lasting relationship. I was very scared this time around. Who would there be that could possibly meet all the requirements that I set out?

I was very surprised when I found a single woman that had virtually all of the requirements that I wanted. I made the connection through a chat or two. Then one day of my way home from a job I called her out of the blue and said that I wanted to stop and see her. I planned this so that I would see the real person and not someone that she wanted me to see. The meeting went great!! We later planned to go out on a date to a public place for dinner to see how it went. The more we talked and the more we interacted the closer we got to each other. She has said that she knew from the moment she saw me that we would marry. I had to take some time to figure things out and let love grow on me.

The love did grow and quickly. In just a little over 11 weeks we were married and we have never looked back. Our love has continued to grow more and deeper as we have shared our life together for the past eight years. Online dating can work if you are willing to take the time to lay out the limits of what you will accept and expect. Be very careful about the way you look for a long term relationship when using internet dating. There are many that are not interested in the same things as you. Be very clear and up front about what you are looking for.

Online dating can work great if you are willing to make invest the time and effort to make it work for you.




Floyd Kolb has worked in the Mechanical/Hvac industry for over 20 years, gaining a wealth of knowledge to share. I have provided solutions to over 20,000 problems at Fixya.com You can check out my solutions and read the many tips that I have wrote about HVAC and appliance related problems. http://www.fixya.com/users/heatman101




沒有留言:

張貼留言